The life and times of a Pondian lost in transit somewhere between Ponda and the Mojave Desert:p

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Graduation day would normally mark the culmination of 2 years of rigorous study that leads to a specific degree. I should have been elated, jumping up and down, throwing my cap in the air... just like in commercials. But I wasn't... Graduation to me was definitely a milestone. Yes, its true that I came to this country to be an "MBA", and today I have a piece of paper that says I am one... but I am so far away from truly being a master of business!

The last two and half years have been very eventful. In many ways, life started when I came here with a few borrowed dollars and my self-belief. Since then, its been a rollercoaster of a ride that has made me a better person.

Anyway, it feels good to wear the cap and gown and partake in the fanfare... people are proud of me... my family and friends. They say I came here and I did it. And I did... but at what cost? I don't think it's a big deal.... it would have been if you were here.... how I wish you were here!

3 comments:

The Angel said...

Congratulations Abhi! You will do well. Like all immigrants to this land, we adopt families here and make them part of our everyday lives. Consider us one such family...

final_transit said...

Hey, not just on paper, you have earned a masters degree in other 'live' areas too!

Cheers to the achiever!

Anoop Suri said...

graduation... i agree, its just a piece of paper and the sense of accomplishment is somehow nothing like we imagined it would be. But then again, its getting there that matters, doesnt it? lol its kinda funny, I remember the day we met, first day of school right, I think orientation lunch... and then 6 months later you called to tell me that you found the dal we made the second day in the fridge... my friend, its more about the time you spent to achieve what you achieved... not just a piece of paper... and yeh, my university used really low quality paper haha