The life and times of a Pondian lost in transit somewhere between Ponda and the Mojave Desert:p

Saturday, July 28, 2007

"The wind blows hard and the sun sets fast in the desert." Its 2.23 am here in Palmdale, California... a place where the Mojave desert starts and stretches out endlessly. Why I am still up at this hour is a mystery... but this happens every Friday night as an unwritten rule, whether I am out getting drunk or at "home" staring alternately at my laptop and the TV. Sleep sits on my eyelids and makes them heavy... I try not to blink... what if I fall asleep? There is nothing to miss, nothing to look forward to tonight... but what if I miss something? Questions float around my head... not even in my head... unanswered and untouched... but definitely heard. I may not remember I wrote this in the morning... but I guess I'll see you on the dark side of the moon someday. Goodnight my friend, the lunatic in my head...

No comments: